I have mentioned a number of times throughout my Blog, that I love Lush products. Aside from the fact that they smell so freaking delicious, they actually do amazing things to your skin!
I recently tried the Aqua Marina Cleanser. Initially, I looked at it wondering what I should do with it. It looks a bit like a fresh mask, only thicker. You can see the seaweed mixed through the pinky product. It smells fresh and subtle!
I removed my makeup with coconut oil, as always. I then took a pinch of Aqua Marina and added a tiny bit of water. I then rolled it around the palm of my hand, working it into a paste. I then rubbed it into my skin in circular motions, massaging it in well. It feels creamy, silky and just divine. It is gentle enough to take over the eyes, I did and it caused no discomfort whatsoever. I then washed this off using a warm facecloth.
The ingredients in this cleanser are designed to help calm redness, which I noticed did actually work. I am having a mini, monthly breakout currently and Aqua Marina really did help to soothe and calm the area. I think this product will work amazingly well long-term, and I will report back again with my results!
I will continue to use this each evening, after my makeup removal. I really like it!
A couple of things to note:
- It does not lather when you wash your face with it. I like that it doesn’t… It is creamy and lovely!
- The seaweed disintegrates into nothing as you work it into your face.
- It doesn’t give a squeaky clean feeling – instead it leaves you with a fresh, clean feeling. Much better in my opinion.
- It does not remove makeup. This should either be your second cleanse in the evening or your morning cleanse!
- I love the feel of clay on my oily skin and the smell (personal).
- Cleanses very well, once makeup is removed.
- I feel it exfoliates in its own way-that slightly muddy feeling is not smooth (again personal).
- Imparts a glow.
- Leaves skin soft and fresh-not at all drying.
- Calms redness and sooths breakouts
Ingredients: Glycerine, Calamine powder, Kaolin, Irish moss infusion, Aloe Vera gel, Nori seaweed, Sea salt, Patchouli oil, Carrageenan, Sweet wild orange oil, Perfume
Stored: It comes in a large plastic tub, I decided to transfer a small amount into a smaller container that can stay in my bathroom, keeping the rest in the fridge. I felt this would help keeping the product fresh!
Drop by to Lush and ask for a sample! You will soon be back picking up your full size tub! It is a lovely cleanser!!