During a busy spell it is difficult to keep up with your routines. Not just skincare, also your diet, housework, work, blogs…
I really try my best to keep up with my healthy eating and skincare routine etc. But having guests visit and moving home call leave you falling behind. I would miss a face mask here, eat a cake there… and before you know it, you have a friend come to visit *the unwanted zitty kind* and can’t understand why. It is only when you look back at the last few days and realise you have veered a little off track, that it all makes sense.
You can usually work out exactly where your zitty friend has come from if you are completely honest with yourself. Stress, greasy food, alcohol, sugary food / drink, dairy, time of the month, neglected skincare routine, lack of sleep, etc.
Mine is typically stress, time of the month, lack of sleep and a slice of cake. I tend to steer clear of greasy food for the most part, alcohol and sugary drinks are a no go for me and I always do my best to not neglect my skincare.
When I notice I have gotten a little overwhelmed with whatever is going on with my life and started to get off track with my routines, I go back to my holy grail products. The ones I know work, tried and tested. I step back from anything I am ‘testing’ and pull out only the things I know my skin loves.
This will be different for everyone and every skin type, but for me it is usually:
- Makeup remover – Coconut oil
- Cleanser – Alpha H Triple Action / Lush Coal Face
- Face Mask – Lush Cupcake / Catastrophe
- Exfoliating Toner – Clarins Gentle Exfoliator / Biologique Recherche – P50 / Pixi Glow Tonic (new addition to the Holy Grail list)
- Hydrating Toner – Lush Eau Roma Water / Tea Tree Water
- Serum – Alpha H Vitamin C Concentrate / Caudalie Vinoperfect
- Treatment Oils – Clarins Lotus / Kiehls Midnight Recovery Concentrate
- Moisturiser – Alpha H Balancing Moisturiser
I will use only the above until my skin clears up. Then I will start to bring back into my routine the products I am testing, slowly.
I will cut out all of the foods I know my skin will have a problem with. This, teamed with my Holy Grail products really does limit the time my breakout lasts!!
❤ ❤ ❤ ❤