We all suffer from some sort of stress in our daily lives. Some people find most stresses don’t really phase them at all, with others finding it all a bit too overwhelming. Everyone has their own tolerance level.
Mine is usually quite high. I can manage my daily stresses pretty well, providing I have my ‘relaxing time’ or ‘fun’ to help keep the balance.
It can be quite challenging when people around you are struggling to manage their stress and it often leads to you carrying your own, and theirs too. This is never good as it is at that point that you can begin to feel overwhelmed. It is too much to carry. You also run the risk of those people taking their stress and worry out on you, it is common for people to lash out when they are struggling themselves. So then, not only do you end up dealing with your own stress, you have someone else’ AND they are making you sad… *rolls eyes*
It is easy to get sucked into a negative environment, but the easiest way I find to deal with it, is with a few simple things that make me happy.
- Go for a walk – I know it is said often, but it really helps me! I grab Florence (the dog) and head out. I usually find that the first half of the walk is spent thinking about the problems but by the second half, my head is clearer and I feel much better!
- Cook – When stressed or anxious it is easy to skip a meal or eat some crap because you just ‘cant’ be bothered’. When you are stressed and run down it makes you more susceptible to getting sick. Eating well is all the more important at this time to keep your immune system at its strongest. It can also be quite therapeutic. Once I am in the kitchen and have decided what to cook, I always enjoy myself. It relaxes me, especially when I have my favourite music on!
- Indulgent Shower – An indulgent shower to me is when I use all of my favourite products. I like to do a hair treatment, full body exfoliation, the full shebang ! I always feel better after that!
- Bath Time – If I am feeling particularly down, I love to run myself a bath. Bubbles, bathbombs, candles, music… I put my hair on top of my head, a facemask on and just lay there. Ahhh… its the best!
- Down Time – At this point I slip into my pj’s, light some candles, make a herbal tea, get my dark chocolate or fruit salad and do one of three things: watch my favourite TV shows, read my favourite blogs or watch YouTube videos. Others may read a book, but I haven’t in a while. I also like to do research into products I am intrigued by, or read recipes I would like to try. It is the time in the day when you just need to relax. Switch off from the day and concentrate on you.
These are really basic and simple steps but they help me enormously. When I find things starting to creep up on me, when I find people really starting to get me down, I give myself one of these evenings.
Remember, stress causes spots, premature ageing and a huge list of other health concerns. We all have enough to worry about so try not to carry around everyone else’s stress too. It is to much for us to carry!
When you feel a little stressed, do something that makes you happy !!!!
❤ ❤ ❤ ❤